This Evening


What's this? Two posts in two days?! I was thinking about all my blogs today (Chapters + the two I wrote about in my last post), and how they each serve a different and valuable purpose for me. I mentioned being unsure how active this blog would continue to be, with managing so many blogs simultaneously, but this is really my only personal space, and I want to make use of it. I'm going to give my best effort to check in here more often with updates on my personal life. 

Today's update is about the suckage of Mondays... I just wasn't feeling today. I couldn't find my motivation, and I had a 9 AM doctor's appointment that left me feeling uncomfortable - physically and mentally - for the rest of the day. To elaborate on the mental, I wasn't happy with the number I read on the scale in the doctor's office. I don't own a scale at home, so the only time I check in with my weight is when I have a doctor's appointment. I know it's not a good idea to care about a number on a scale, but if it's beyond a certain point, it signals to me that I'm not as healthy as I should be, or want to be, to live the lifestyle I want. And really, the number on the scale just confirmed my fears and insecurities as of late. I've been feeling less comfortable in my clothing, and our moderate hike in Bryce Canyon a couple weeks ago just about killed me. The only thing I really care about when it comes to my weight is how I feel; my ability to keep up with activity. I want to be able to enjoy the incredible hikes I'm so blessed to live near, without feeling over-exerted. 

Because of my two pains throughout the day, I decided I needed an evening of self-care. So here's what my evening looked like, after coming home from work...
πŸ’™ Dog kisses
πŸ’™ A 45 minute Yoga: Healing Practice (including more dog kisses)
πŸ’™ Dinner: terriyaki salmon & rice
πŸ’™ A bubble bath accompanied by a Music Therapy playlist, and an old issue of Glamour magazine
πŸ’™ Episode 4 of Big Little Lies
πŸ’™ My daily gratitude journal practice - Today, I wrote that I am grateful for: 1) the golden light that shone through the window first thing this morning, 2) my job, which is keeping me busy and giving me a reason to leave the house and encounter other humans while Jason is away, and 3) despite the unpleasant doctor's appointment, I am grateful to have access to quality health care and health insurance.
πŸ’™ Which brings me to right now... I'm tucked in bed, with my girls curled up next to me, listening to some music while I write this post. After hitting "publish," it will be time to continue reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks until bedtime. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Monday! Mine may not have been ideal, but I made the best of it by the end, and it's one day closer to my hubby returning home. I used to spend so much time alone (I was a complete Beyonce), but now I start missing Jason even before he leaves! I just don't like to spend as much time alone anymore, although I have to admit, I still enjoy my own company and feel very content during the quiet times with a book and dog cuddles.

Comments

Popular Posts