May Reading



I'm amazed by how many books I am still able to read monthly, while working full-time. I guess it's just that time of year. I love sitting in the corner of the couch, and reading with the sliding door open, while the girls sunbathe in the yard. This month I liked most of the books I read, with the exception of Note to Self. I don't know, I just didn't enjoy this collection of essays, photography, and poems written by a "social media celebrity." This was a case of judging a book by its cover which, as you can see, is a gorgeous cover. The insides just did not live up to the outside.

I was slightly disappointed with The Goldfinch, I think just because I've been looking forward to reading it for so long. I definitely enjoyed The Secret History much much more than this one.

I really enjoyed both Steinbeck short novels, and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks was incredibly fascinating. Reading Heidi was a great experience, as I purchased this incredibly gorgeous hardcover copy for my bookshelf. As a kid, I loved loved loved the movie with Shirley Temple, but I have never read the book. It was a nice stroll down memory lane.

I would probably have to give my favorite read of the month award to The Handmaid's Tale. I can't believe it's taken me so long to read it, as I've always enjoyed the dystopian literature, but it was definitely left me feeling out of sorts. Particularly in today's political climate, you have to wonder how close we might get to some of these scenarios in reality. 

Did you read any good books this month?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's HOW You Get There

This Evening

Makeover!