Lately


Another installment of what random shit I've been doing lately. I'm happy to say that my funk finally seems to have lifted, and I've been feeling happy and energized. Matching the weather. It's gotten super warm and sunny lately, it feels like summer just in time for June to begin! I realized since (re)starting my blog, I haven't done anything official in the way of an introduction, or "about me" kind of thing. I'm hoping to put together a list of random facts about myself to share for my birthday coming up next month. But anyway, all of that is just random babble. Here's what I've been up to lately...

Reading
I hope you saw my May Reading post from yesterday. It was a good month of books, and I recently started The Andy Cohen Diaries which is about as entertaining as it gets. 

Watching
Reading Andy Cohen's book got me on quite the Bravo kick, so this Memorial Day, while Jason was away, working, I watched the entire 1st season of the Real Housewives of New Jersey. I love watching my nostalgic shows more than new stuff. Jason and I have also been really into a show I just discovered on A&E called Escaping Polygamy. It's about three girls who escaped a polygamist order in Salt Lake City when they were teenagers, and now devote their time to helping other women and girls escape. Absolutely crazy stuff, I can't believe all of this exists so close to me!

Listening
I had a mini-existential crisis over my recent obsession with Harry Styles' solo album. I am not a fan of today's boy bands, so I kind of freaked out when I heard a few of his solo songs and loved them. I wondered if I was a closet One Direction fan, but friends assured me that the solo music has a very different vibe to it, so I kind of calmed down. I still love this album though. I can't remember the last album I listened to this incessantly.

Doing
We had our first BBQ of the season last weekend! We invited a few friends, and Jason's field camp colleagues. I made a TON of food, and it was all gone at the end of the night, so I'm pretty proud of myself. Layla did great around her first crowd, especially since it included two kids, so we were pretty nervous. 

What have you been up to lately?

Comments

Popular Posts