Lately


Another semi-regular post I hope to create a tradition of on Chapters when the right mood strikes... Just a little bit about what's been entertaining me lately. 

Reading
I recently finished reading The Book of Joy by The Dalai Lama & The Archbishop Desmond Tutu, as well as The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. I was so fascinated by The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, and I'm sorry it took me so long to get around to reading it, considering I've owned it for several years. I ordered 10 new (used) books on Amazon (I love buying bargains! $85 for the whole lot!), including this gorgeous Puffin in Bloom hardcover copy of Heidi.

Watching
Big Little Lies - I finished watching the series this week, after reading the novel just before. As usual, I liked the book a LOT better than the series. 

Party of Five - I cannot adequately convey my excitement that this nostalgic series is on Netflix. 

Listening
The only explanation I can really think of for the fact that I've been listening to anything and everything from the 60's decade is the weather. The sunny days, and my lethargic feeling at work, have put me in a mood for sunny music.

Doing
With Jason away, I'm a single dog mom for a couple weeks. Layla has been driving me crazy, as she wants to wake up at 6 AM every morning, and bite, scratch, kick, and play with my "sleeping" body  (who can really sleep through that, as much as I would desperately like to?!).

On Tuesday evening, I met a couple friends for a yummy dinner.

Anyway, I'm so excited that it's Friday, even though my solo plans for this weekend aren't very exciting. 

Comments

Popular Posts